Outdoor activities are good for you!
One of the best things we can do for ourselves and loved ones is to remain in good physical health. Our adventures are excellent for getting fresh ocean air and sunshine. Ocean air is fresh and clean and the saltwater around the island ionizes when it breaks on the volcanic cliffs which make for a “spa-like” misty experience! As for physical activity, we paddle for about 4 miles at an easy but healthy pace. You’ll be working your muscles and lungs and stimulating your mind!
This activity will leave you satisfied and ready for a good (maybe seafood) dinner and rest. And while we cannot prove this, we feel that a fresh ocean breeze and sunshine is no place for a virus to live or spread… it’s just too darn nice out there 🙂
Social Distancing Measures
Here are some required measures that will be taken to avoid the spread of COVID-19.
- All guests must agree to our COVID-19 policies prior to boarding the Sunfish.
- Temperature screening will be required for all passengers boarding the Sunfish. This will occur prior to loading the Sunfish.
- Masks (cloth face coverings) will be required to be worn properly at all times while onboard the Sunfish. Masks are not required when kayaking as long as a 10 foot distance is maintained.
- Groups will be spaced by 6-foot clusters while underway. Moving around while underway will be minimized to necessary movement only.
- For Adventures, the capacity will be reduced in order to reduce crowding on the deck of the Sunfish.
- The indoor gallery on the Sunfish will be closed during the entire duration of the tour. The bathroom (head) will remain open at all times and will be cleaned thoroughly during and after the cruise. The head will have hot water for cleaning hands at all times during the cruise.
- All equipment will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- All surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized after each cruise.
- Snorkeling gear will not be provided. Please bring your own!
- Water or snacks will not be provided. You must provide your own water for the entire day.
Go with your “POD” on a private cruise.
We have been using the term “Pod” to describe the group of people you have been isolated from. If you want to get your pod together for a private cruise or adventures, we can increase the number of people and reduce some of the requirements. We will pre-screen for temperature, and crew will still wear masks at all times. The crew will also remain on a separate deck for most of the passages while underway. Call us to learn more about “POD” adventures and cruises.
COVID-19 Disclaimer and Acknowledged Consent
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
All participants of Wild Blue Adventures voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
All guests must agree to the following prior to boarding the Sunfish:
- Guests agree to stay home if they are sick and/or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of your trip departure date.
- Guests consent to not participating on a WBA experience while actively in isolation or quarantine that was issued by a health professional or your workplace.
- All guests agree to wearing a face covering while onboard the Sunfish (masks are not required while kayaking) and to maintain social distancing whenever possible.
- Guests consent to a pre-trip temperature screening at check-in.